Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Troll Beach

I have one child that isn't too keen on lake water.  I was reminded of Troll Beach in Stoughton recently.  So we decided to make the drive to check it out.  When I was a child, I visited these manmade beach frequently.  We called it the "mud hole" back then. 
 
 
Hot, metal slides with buckets have been updated.  This was completely different than what I remembered as a kid.  And even more fun.  My children enjoyed inflatable obstacle courses and slides throughout the water.  Younger swimmers were divided from older swimmers.  More experienced swimmers also had to take a swimming test before they would be allowed on the obstacles in the deeper water. 
 
My oldest enjoyed sunbathing with her friend on the beach and we were also able to bring in our own sand tows for the little ones.  There was plenty of sun.  But, there was also plenty of shade to enjoy.
 
The water quality was great - clear and blue.  We also enjoyed the snack bar, which I remember as a child.  My kids enjoyed jumbo-sized freezy-pops just like I had as a kid.
 
The non-resident rates were comparable to the rates at the Sun Prairie Aquatic Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment